It wasn’t until relatively recently that microwaves became an essential household appliance, but we’ve quickly come to rely on them for everyday meals and snacks. You may not even realize how much you use your microwave until it stops working. If you find yourself in need of microwave repair in Addison, TX, read over the following list to determine what could be the cause of your problem and what you should do to fix it:
- Buttons stop working: If your microwave buttons stop working, or if only some of them work some of the time, it can be a frustrating problem to have. This problem indicates that the touch pad and control panel are damaged. It could also indicate that the main control board is defective. You’ll want to call a professional for microwave repair in Addison, TX to determine whether your microwave can be saved.
- Doesn’t heat food: If your microwave has stopped heating up your food, you may be tempted to discard the entire appliance. Many microwaves that stop heating have a magnetron failure. The magnetron uses high voltage to create the microwave frequency to heat food. If you’ve used your microwave while it’s empty, this can cause the magnetron to burn out. The magnetron that has burned out will need to be replaced. Faulty diodes, capacitor burn, transformer failure or a defective door switch could also be the problem. You’ll need a professional microwave repair technician to determine what needs to be replaced.
- Microwave sparks: If your microwave is sparking, you should immediately switch it off to inspect it. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that your microwave is beyond repair. The cause could be a damaged wave guide cover, damaged rack support, worn-out paint or a diode burn.
- Plate doesn’t spin: If your plate isn’t spinning, there could be an issue with the rotating motor below the plate, meaning you probably have a burned-out or worn-out motor. The good news is that this can be easily replaced. However, if the motor is not to blame, the control board may be at fault.
- Light bulb doesn’t turn on: If the light inside your microwave doesn’t come on when the microwave is operating, it’s probably as simple as a burned-out bulb. You could also have a faulty bulb socket or bad wiring. You’ll want a professional in microwave repair in Addison, TX to check out the possible causes.
- Runs and stops: Another frustrating problem that is commonly encountered with microwaves is a microwave that runs and then stops. This could have many causes, from a faulty door switch, failed transformer or defective touch pad to a faulty fan motor. You’ll need a technician to inspect it to determine the cause.
If you’re in need of microwave repair in Addison, TX, call the professionals at Appliance Champion. We’re committed to helping our customers take full advantage of their appliances for as long as they own them. Whether your microwave is on the fritz or it’s broken down altogether, our team arrives ready to repair it and restore it to full functioning. Give us a call to make an appointment today!
Categorised in: Microwave Repair