Whether you love cooking or you only use your kitchen appliances on occasion, you want to be confident that they are going to perform the way they should when you need them to. One of the most important appliances in your kitchen is your cooktop, so you should make sure that it is always working properly. The best way to keep your cooktop in great working condition is to stay on top of preventative cooktop maintenance and invest in cooktop repair in Addison, TX when necessary. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use the right cookware: The cookware that you use is a very important consideration when it comes to maintaining the condition of your cooktop. If you have a smooth cooktop, you should avoid using cast iron cookware or any cookware that has an abrasive base. Using abrasive cookware can cause permanent, irreparable scratches to your cooktop.
- Clean your cooktop properly: To prevent permanent staining, you should clean your cooktop often to remove spills, food residue and grime. After your cooktop has cooled off, spray it with vinegar diluted with a little bit of water. Wipe it down with a damp rag or soft sponge to clear away food residue. After wiping away the vinegar from your cooktop, cover it with baking soda and cover the surface with a damp towel. Leave the towel there for about 15 minutes to give the baking soda a chance to break down residual grime and stains. Use the damp towel to scrub away the baking soda and clear away any stains on your cooktop.
- Transfer cookware safely: Pushing cookware around on your burners increases the likelihood that you’ll get scratches on your cooktop. Lift pans and place them on your burners instead of shuffling or scooting them around.
- Avoid leaving dirty utensils and cookware on your cooktop: Leaving cooking utensils on your stove increases the chances that your cooktop will be stained with food residue. Use a ladle dish or plate on your counter to place cooking utensils on when you aren’t using them. Before you cook, make sure that the bottom of your cookware is clean to prevent burning food residue underneath your pots and pans.
- Hire a professional when you need repairs: If your cooktop simply isn’t performing the way it should be, you should reach out to a professional who specializes in cooktop repair in Addison, TX. They will be able to determine what’s wrong with your appliance and handle repairs if they’re necessary.
If you’re experiencing issues with your cooktop or one of your other kitchen appliances, get expert appliance repair in Addison, TX from the team at Appliance Champion Dallas. Our technicians have extensive experience providing services for all kinds of home appliances. We are happy to offer a one-year warranty on all of our parts and labor so that you can feel confident in the quality of the work that you receive. Regardless of your appliance model or brand, we would be happy to get it back into the best condition possible. Find out more by giving us a call today.