Is your ice maker on the fritz? Fortunately, most problems with this appliance are fairly common. A little troubleshooting may allow you to identify the issue and resolve it without needing extensive ice maker repair in Addison, TX.
To keep your ice machine repair in Addison, TX to a minimum, watch for the following issues. If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, don’t hesitate to contact a professional for repairs:
- Inlet: If your ice machine is not making ice, there could be a problem with the water inlet valve. Locate your valve (typically behind the refrigerator) and check the valve filter to see if it is covered with debris. Also check the line attached to the valve to see if it is restricted in some way.
- Clog: If the water inlet valve is not clogged, other parts may be. Your water supply may be completely cut off by a clog. Check the water supply line and the refrigerator’s filter. Be sure to maintain and replace these parts per manufacturer recommendations to avoid clogs that can lead to ice maker repair in Addison, TX.
- Escaped water: If your ice maker is not making enough ice, or you are finding water in your appliance, it could be due to a leak. First, check the supply line for damage. Next, check the fill cup. If this is not properly aligned, it can cause leaks. If you are unable to identify the leak source, contact a professional. Delaying this ice machine repair in Addison, TX can cause additional damage to the unit and the surrounding walls and flooring.
- Control arm: If your ice machine has stopped making ice, it could be on “pause.” Check the control arm. If your ice maker has this feature, the arm may have been moved into the “pause” position, which tells your ice maker to stop producing ice. Check your owner’s manual to determine which arm position is “pause” and which is “on” and move it accordingly.
- Unmoving: If the ice maker has stopped making ice, your water line may be frozen. With no water moving through the system, it cannot produce ice cubes. To thaw the line, unplug the unit and turn off the water supply line. You can also defrost the line with a hair dryer.
- Balance: To work properly, your ice maker must be well balanced. If your appliance is not level, it may leak. Make sure it is perfectly level. This will ensure the water can flow properly and prevent leaks as well as help you avoid ice maker repair in Addison, TX.
- Extreme temperatures: Temperatures that are either too hot or too cold can lead to a need for ice machine repairs in Addison, TX. If the thermostat setting is too low, water may freeze in the line before it can be molded into ice. If the room temperature is too warm (higher than 95 degrees), the ice machine production will also be affected. Or, if the water temperature is too high, it will take too long to freeze, and the ice machine ceases production.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, the professionals at Appliance Champion Dallas are ready to assist you. We offer expert ice machine repair in Addison, TX to quickly resolve your ice maker issues and keep your appliance running smoothly. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule a repair!