In-home washing machines are valuable, useful pieces of machinery that make a number of daily tasks substantially easier. Washing machines often require a lot of attention and maintenance to continue operating as intended, however. If you rely on a washing machine to complete your daily home chores, you may be wondering what types of problems you could expect to encounter in the future.
It can be challenging to determine if you should pay for washing machine repair in Addison, TX, or simply replace your old, non-functioning washing machine. Depending on the type of washer you own and its age, you may want to consult with a qualified washer repair expert to determine whether your washing machine is worth fixing.
There are several common washing machine problems that plague nearly all models of washers. Here are just some of the issues you may encounter with your washing machine, and what you should do about them:
- Unpleasant odors: After a while, almost all washing machines begin to smell unpleasant. Washing clothes spreads bacteria around, and the damp nature of washing machines means that they have a warm and moist environment to grow and propagate. You can run a cycle of hot water, bleach and baking soda to kill off bacteria and reduce odors.
- Won’t start: One of the most common causes of a washer not starting is overfilling—try removing some clothing or readjusting the door. If your washer still won’t start, you probably need to call for professional washer repair in Addison, TX. It could be an issue with your washer’s electrical system.
- Leaky hoses: Over time, it’s perfectly natural for hoses and their connections to begin to degrade and leak. Thankfully, this is a relatively easy and inexpensive issue to fix. You can rely on any professional specializing in washing machine repair in Addison, TX to handle this problem quickly and cost-effectively.
- Low water flow: Often, low water flow is caused by something simple and inexpensive, like a clogged filter or a kinked feeder hose. Begin troubleshooting this issue by examining the water hose. If it looks like it’s in good repair, call for professional assistance from someone specializing in appliance repair in Addison, TX.
- Not spinning: Unfortunately, a lack of spinning action could indicate any number of serious problems with the health of your washing machine. While it is probably possible to repair a washer that isn’t working, the costs of repair are likely to outweigh the costs of simply replacing your washing machine.
Appliance Champion Dallas is one of the most trusted providers of appliance repair in Addison, TX. We provide our clients with prompt and professional appliance repair solutions. We are proud of our ability to offer efficient and effective washing machine repair solutions. Regardless of type of washer you have or the scope of washer repair in Addison, TX that you need, you can count on Appliance Champion Dallas to bring the expertise and tools necessary to get your machine back up and running in no time.